Thanks to the adorable Random Indi for nominating me. Apologies for the lateness (I was at the beach, and unplugged for the week).
1. It must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
3. Cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
4. Provide nominees with 11 questions of your choice.
5. Must inform nominees of your nomination.
6. Provide nominees with a link to your post for more info.
Random Indi’s Questions:
How did you pick your blog name?
“Life Imagined” was immediate. I had the title years before the idea of a blog occurred. Originally it was the working title of a novel.
Life imagined stems from:
“…if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endevours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours… In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex…” –Henry David Thoreau
The truth in this quote has struck me since high school. Additionally, my mother always cautioned me to be careful what I fill my mind with, as what fills ones’ mind, fills ones’ life.
Thoreau’s quote is an extension of that thought. By dreaming ones’ life imagined, and taking steps to achieve it; we create or attract that very life.
Of course life and God add their own plans to the mix.
What is your favorite post you’ve written? (provide link)
Hmmm. The one I just finished, it details how one of my favorite artists influenced my writing routine.
What’s the most delicious food you’ve ever eaten?
Wow. That is such a hard question. I am blessed to eat phenomenal food on a regular basis. What elevates a meal for me is a gorgeous, natural setting and direct from the farm freshness. Any time I am ocean-side and lucky enough to eat fresh-caught seafood (especially sushi, served tiradito-style) accompanied by loads of local, organic produce (mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, mint) I am very happy. Add to that fresh raspberries for dessert and crisp savignon blanc (French or CA) and I’m in heaven.
One memory stands out at the moment, The Galley in Morro Bay, California (lovely owners, Inn, service, authentic fishing town, excellent oysters and a Costa De Oro Pinot Noir).
In general, I love food that creates new flavor profiles. Those meals inspire me in the kitchen and help me continue to create heathy, tasty meals.
Cat or dog?
Helps that I am allergic to cats.
Ruined, because I had the best lab ever. He was giant, loyal, sweet, protective and even cat-lovers loved him.
Miss trail running and hiking with him, watching the boys climb all over him. Love.
What’s your favorite movie?
I am really bad with deciding favorites. I really like movies that transport me, change my look on life. Usually my favorite changes with whatever has moved me recently. Looking back, I’d say Pride and Prejudice. That is one movie that never fails to completely pull me in. I even start thinking with a British accent. Brings me back to my childhood love affair with all things Austen.
What is one of your talents?
Be it transforming a friends house, planning a garden to block street intrusions and capture lovely views, or creating a meal from disparate ingredients, moments before friends arrive.
My mother raised me to appreciate beauty and create it in every aspect of life.
What is your favourite season of the year?
They all have magic don’t they?
Autumn, is the one I love the deepest.
There is something about the start of a school year, new beginnings, studious preoccupations, learning, turning inward in preparation for winter that stirs the depth of me.
What makes you smile?
Life is beautiful, surprising, complex. I am grateful every day.
Definitely, being in the moment, exploring the world with my boys, always brings a big smile.
Why did you start your blog?
I wrote about that here. Essentially, I have to write and I have a really good friend.
Rather than rehashing that, let’s get into what I concerns me about with blogging. I hope I don’t come across as a know-it-all.
I am merely a student, a very curious student of life. I am blessed to have many interesting opportunities, and friends who share knowledge in all areas of life. I want to share those experiences/information in hopes of inspiring/amusing/fueling knowledge and change for another.
What is your favorite quote?
“There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”
― Aldous Huxley
Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole
However, I love spotify for my divergent moods. Deuter for writing/yoga/working, Bon Iver & Florence and the Machine for singing, B.O.B and Jay Z for cooking/dancing.
I hope you enjoyed this! Now I nominate the following bloggers:
- Erin at www.happilyhowards.com
- Mitch of exploratorius.us
- Christina of www.cityloveee.blogspot.com
- Luisa of www.littlediaryof.blogspot.uk
- Bethanny Kate of www.missbethanykate.com
- Hannah of http://hannahishrh.blogspot.com
- Kelsey of http://www.lifeoutloud.kelseymcevoy.com
- Ash of http://www.thornandsparrow.com
- Emily of http://brunchandbrains.blogspot.com
- Ann of http://shenannigann.com
- Louise of http://www.heylouise.com/blog/
Here are your questions:
1) What is your favorite season, why?
2) What is inspiring you most, right now?
3) What project or purchase for your home is on top of your to-do list?
4) What setting/place brings you the most peace/calm?
5) Favorite flower?
6) Your lesson of 2014?
7) Your song of 2014?
8) Favorite book, why?
9) What do you envision your life being like in 10 years?
10) If handed 10 million dollars, what would you change about your life?
11) If teleportation were possible right now, where would you go first?
Can’t wait for the responses!